It’s my husband’s birthday today!
usually I would get a vegan cake from whole foods or a bakery near us, but l since I have all these allergies I had to get a little creative on the cake … I searched the web and go t a few ideas! and started Baking…
This cake is Oil free and lower in fat than most cakes out there, It’s probably as healthy as Ice cream cake can get 😀
I basically used my fabulous Brownie recipe as the base for the cake and bought some Cashew milk snickers ice-cream for the top!
You will need:
- 1/3 Cup of Northern Beans
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 2 TBS coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBS apple sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup brown rice flour ( or any other type of flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Vegan ice-cream of your choice! I used SO Delicious Cashew milk ice cream flavor “Snicker Doodle: !
- chocolate sauce ( Maple syrup & Cocoa powder)
- Chopped walnuts ( or nut of your choice to sprinkle on top)
How to :
For the Brownie base
- Preheat Oven @350 F
- place the Beans, maple syrup, apple sauce, vanilla extract into a vitamin or your blender and blend until it is creamy!
- place all the dry ingredients ( except for chocolate chips) into a round cake Pan and mix together. ( use the cake pans that lock around the cake so you can shape this)
- add in the creamy mixture to the dry ingredients and mix all together. add and mix in the Chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- let it cool for and hour in the fridge.
- leave the ice cream out for 20 minutes and when the brownie base is cool to the touch spread it over the top and flatten.
- place in freezer for another hour.
- You can decorate the top now! mix in the Syrup and cocoa powder until thick and place in a zip lock bag, cut a hole in the corner and decorate the top to your liking !
- Spring on some nuts on the sides or create your own fun designs… place in freezer for 1-2 hours and its ready!
- there you have it! ENJOY!!
**My ice-cream melted a bit in the freezer on the sides of the cake… yours might just look chocolaty on the outside 😉
Hope you guys enjoy this Cake! its easy to make and healthier than most cakes out there!
See you guys next week with some new makeup reviews and recipe.
love & peace