It’s my husband’s birthday today!
usually I would get a vegan cake from whole foods or a bakery near us, but l since I have all these allergies I had to get a little creative on the cake … I searched the web and go t a few ideas! and started Baking…
This cake is Oil free and lower in fat than most cakes out there, It’s probably as healthy as Ice cream cake can get 😀
I basically used my fabulous Brownie recipe as the base for the cake and bought some Cashew milk snickers ice-cream for the top!
You will need:
- 1/3 Cup of Northern Beans
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 2 TBS coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBS apple sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup brown rice flour ( or any other type of flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Vegan ice-cream of your choice! I used SO Delicious Cashew milk ice cream flavor “Snicker Doodle: !
- chocolate sauce ( Maple syrup & Cocoa powder)
- Chopped walnuts ( or nut of your choice to sprinkle on top)
How to :
For the Brownie base
- Preheat Oven @350 F
- place the Beans, maple syrup, apple sauce, vanilla extract into a vitamin or your blender and blend until it is creamy!
- place all the dry ingredients ( except for chocolate chips) into a round cake Pan and mix together. ( use the cake pans that lock around the cake so you can shape this)
- add in the creamy mixture to the dry ingredients and mix all together. add and mix in the Chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- let it cool for and hour in the fridge.
- leave the ice cream out for 20 minutes and when the brownie base is cool to the touch spread it over the top and flatten.
- place in freezer for another hour.
- You can decorate the top now! mix in the Syrup and cocoa powder until thick and place in a zip lock bag, cut a hole in the corner and decorate the top to your liking !
- Spring on some nuts on the sides or create your own fun designs… place in freezer for 1-2 hours and its ready!
- there you have it! ENJOY!!
**My ice-cream melted a bit in the freezer on the sides of the cake… yours might just look chocolaty on the outside 😉
Hope you guys enjoy this Cake! its easy to make and healthier than most cakes out there!
See you guys next week with some new makeup reviews and recipe.
If you want to see more Follow my Blog by clicking on the right side of my home page —–>
Check out my PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND page for the basic VEGAN essentials that I have found throughout the years.
love & peace