I a always looking for quick recipes that can be used as snack or a healthy alternative to a dessert! This recipe is adapted from Gemma Stafford’s Chocolate Brownie Mug cake in her 1 Minute Mug Cakes Youtube Video 🙂
I want to thank Gemma for creating these Gluten-free and Vegan recipes! they are absolutely delicious and easy to make!
You can check out here video HERE, She has multiple mug cakes in her video, the one I am sharing today is the Gluten-free & vegan one 🙂
I have talked about the health benefits of Carob over Cocoa before… but basically
Carob powder has a number of advantages over Cocoa powder and as such is often used to make what has come to be known as ‘healthy chocolate’ . Carob powder is free of the allergetic and addictive effects of caffeine and theobromine present in Cocoa.
here is Gemma’s recipe with a few modifications 🙂
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup sugar or raw sugar ( I used Agave)
4 Tbsp Carob powder
1/2 cup low fat coconut milk
4 Tbsp Coconut oil (or any flavorless oil, canola or vegetable)
Coconut ice cream to serve ( link to the coconut ice-cream recipe)
** I did make this Mug cake without Oil a few times and just added a bit more Coconut milk so it would not dry out, for a healthier alternative
- You can make your own Oat flower out of Rolled oats simply by grinding up the oats in your blender ( I use my magic bullet)
- In a large bowl mix the Flour, sugar & Carob
- Add in the low fat Coconut milk & Oil
- then divide this between two separate mugs.
- Microwave for One minute until the mixture is cooked through & it should still be moist not dry!
- Put on a scoop of dairy-free Coconut ice-cream on top and enjoy!!!
Once again thanks to Gemma Stafford for this amazing Mug cake! it is so delicious and so easy to make! make sure to check out her channel as she has some amazing Vegan & Gluten free options!
Hope you will enjoy this as much as I did!
as always YOU”RE WELCOME!
follow me for more recipes and vegan goodness 😉