wanted to share with you my HCLF Curry recipe! so simple and easy to make! I am in love with cauliflowers so they end up in everything I cook!! and I thought these flavors complemented each other…
Just in case you are not familiar with “HCLF” it stands for High Carb Low Fat. In this lifestyle we try to avoid foods that contain high amounts of saturated fat or any oils & eat lots of carbs 😀
– Basmati Rice ( you can use any rice you like, I love using basmati)
– 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
– Half a head of a Cauliflower
– 1 golden organic potatoes, Chopped
– 2 cloves garlic ( minced) — ( Optional)
– 1 can of Pomi Tomato Sauce ( low sodium, no added ingredients) *you can use regular tomato sauce as well
– 2-3 freshly cut Tomatoes ( Diced)
– 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric.
– 1-2 TBS Curry ( adjust to your taste)
– A pinch of pepper.
– 1 chilli pepper diced ( optional if you want the curry to be spicy- adjust to your liking)
*Note: Curry powder may help lower cholesterol and prevent cholesterol gallstones by virtue of one of its constituent spices also Tomato based curries are a great source of lycopene. This extremely powerful antioxidant is far more prevalent in cooked tomatoes than raw ones.
– you should start making the Rice first! You may cook the rice in your rice cooker or in some hot water.
– pour a quarter cup of water into a pot
– Add in the Onions,garlic, pepper ( chill pepper for spiciness) and bring to a small boil
– Add the mushrooms and the turmeric & curry powder and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.. this will in fuse the flavors. keep stirring.
– Pour your Tomato Sauce in ( make sure to keep stirring in the beginning)
– Add in Half a cup of hot water and let it continue to boil.
– After boiling, bring to a simmer and add in the Potatoes & Cauliflower.
-Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
-_ uncover and add in the Tomatoes and cover again for 10-15 more minutes until the vegetables are done ( not crunchy)
and there you go! serve over your Rice and Enjoy 🙂
*I do not cook with salt but you can add salt if you like! or Use lemon instead.
***I serve this with a side of salad with my Secret low fat/ no oil salad dressing. & some Green onion sprouts.
I hope you like this recipe! it is a very healthy and fulfilling dinner! and delicious!
as always YOU’RE WELCOME!
please follow me for more healthy HCLF recipes and other vegan goodness 🙂
Love & Peace