DYI Friday is here! I guess I have been posting DIYs on Fridays, so lets just make it a thing 😉 seriously though… I have been experimenting with different exfoliants and masks for the past few weeks and finally found one that I absolutely love 🙂 love to make myself that is without the chemicals and all that jazz!
Yes… I am busting out the Mask gifs… haha
I absolutely love the smell and feel of this DYI exfoliant Mask on my face and my skin is softer, brighter and fresh after applying! not to mention relaxing!!! ooh that mint smell 😀
Here we go
You will need:
- 4 strawberries
- 5 Mint leaves
- 1/2 Lemon (juice)
- 1 TBS Olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
*Why Strawberries? they are loaded with Vitamine C,, alpha hydroxyl acids, salicylic acid, aspartic acid, ellagic acid, folate and fiber, Strawberries can save your skin from acne, blackheads, white heads, oily skin, dry skin and many more!
*Why Mint? They help with treating inflamation and acne because of their high content of salicylic acid which is an active ingredient in many skin care products.The acid loosens up dead skin cells, allowing them to shed easier. That has the potential to prevent your pores from clogging up, resulting in fewer pimples and clearer skin.
*Why Lemon? Brightens and softens your skin… helps get rid of black heads when directly applied and rubbed in!
*Why Olive oil: you can thank Cleopatra for this one 😉 packed with anti-aging antioxidants and hydrating squalene!
- In A Bowl mash the strawberries until there are no solids left
- Finely Chop up the mint leaves and adding to the mix.. mash and mix some more with a fork or a spoon. ( you can also mix them up in your food processor or magic bullet to mix well)
- Add in the lemon and olive oil and salt and mash in some more.. if you feel like you need more olive oil apply as needed.
- Apply paste to face in circular motion and massage into skin gently.
- Avoid eyes but you can add to undereye area ( great for dark circles)
- Leave on skin for 10-15 minutes
- with a warm cloth gently remove from skin and wash face.
There you go! you are going to have soft, bright and energized skin!!! I do this on sundays when I want to Relax.. the mint aroma really creates that “spa” feeling 🙂
Hope you guys enjoyed this DIY! let me know when you try it out and how it worked for you 🙂
as always YOU’RE WELCOME!
Love & Peace
and take care of those vegan Needs 😉