I have been waiting to write this for a while… recently I have switched to making my own Vegan Deodorant… I mean, sure there are some brands out there that I like… but its so much cheaper and SO EASY with only 3 ingredients 😀 and you’ll know exactly what you are putting on your body!!
as you may or may not know there are toxins and chemicals in commercial products that can be extremely harmful… and our skin absorbs about 60% of what we put on it… these toxic products and especially deodorants have been linked to Breast cancer, infertility and birth defects…You can read my Blog on Toxic Ingredients to avoid HERE
SOOOOooo…I was Experimenting with a few different recipes and this is what I ended up with!! Safe and easy and only 3 ingredients 🙂
You can also ad essential oils if you would like… but this works perfectly fine for me and gets rid of orders AND it does not stain your clothes 🙂
You will need:
- 6 TBS Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup All Natural Corn starch
- 1/4 Cup Pure Baking Soda
- Bowl for mixing
- A Container for the Deodorant ( I just use an old face cream Jar, you can experiment 😉 )
- Mix the Baking soda and the Cornstarch together in the Bowl with a spoon. press on it with your spoon to get rid of any clumps.
- The coconut oil is solid, I DO NOT microwave my coconut oil as it changes the formula, I like to scoop out the 6 TBS and leave it out and it will liquefy ):
- Mix the coconut oil with your Cornstarch and baking soda and mix well…until a thick paste develops
- Pour it into your container and use as a paste!! ( this is what I do)
- OR you can use this as a Deodorant bar ( pour into and old deodorant bar) put it in the fridge and let it Harden!
there you go!!! you have yourself a deodorant!! like I said you can add essential oils if you like to change thing up, but this smells wonderful and gets rid of odors for me 😀
you can put this in an old deodorant container or just an old lotion Jar, the Dollar store has tons of little Jars you can get 😀
Hope you enjoyed this DIY! please follow me for more Vegan goodness!
as always YOU’RE WELCOME 😉
Love & Peace