alright.. so before you ask me if I am drunk… hear me out 🙂
This recipe was originally an accident but turned out to be a pleasant surprise that I have been working on perfecting ever since!!!
It was just one of those days when your brain and hands don’t seem to wanna work together.. it was probably a Monday 😉 !! I was trying to make my “regular” Spaghetti and reached for the Turmeric… but wasn’t paying attention and picked up the cinnamon instead.. and dumped a whole bunch of Cinnamon into my pot!!! ( the containers were the same) I was sooooo mad at myself because I had nothing else to eat and tried to get it all out… silly me…
finally… after digging in and out and mixing it in even more I gave up and decided to taste it….and
IT WAS…. SO GOOD! surprisingly…. I mean I never really loved cinnamon and mainly just thought of it as a desert ingredient! but this was AWESOME!
I am not sure if anyone else has ever made this, I tried to google and look for it for I have never seen anyone else with this recipe! and of course in keeping with my HCLF lifestyle this recipe is made to be as low fat, low salt & RT4 friendly as possible and I do not cook with oil.
so here we GO!
– Organic Brown Rice Spaghetti Pasta ( Gluten Free). ( you can use regular spaghetti, but this is healthier 🙂 )
– A Cup of mushrooms ( or one whole Portobello)
– 2 golden organic potatoes, Chopped ( optional) * you can also use sweet potato for a holiday special!!!!!
– one Onion
– 2 cloves garlic ( minced) — ( Optional)
_ one can of Pomi Tomato Sauce ( low sodium, no added ingredients) *you can use regular tomato sauce as well
– 2-3 freshly cut Tomatoes ( Diced)
– 1 TBS Tomato Paste
– 1-2 TBS Cinnamon ( adjust to your taste)
– 1 TBS Coconut Sugar ( also can use Agave or sugar of your choice)
– 1 TS Italien Herbs
– A pinch of pepper.
– Mint for Garnish ( optional)
*Note: Cinnamon is high in antioxidants & Anti-inflammatory properties. It can improve sensitivity to the hormone insulin and has a powerful anti-Diabetic effect AND it helps Fight bacterial and fungal infections!!! It is always better to use Ceylon (True Cinnamon)
– pour a quarter cup of water into a pot
– Add in the Onions,garlic, cinnamon, pepper & Italian Herbs and bring to a small boil an let it cook for 2-3 minutes.. this will in fuse the flavors. keep stirring.
– Pour your Tomato Sauce in ( make sure to keep stirring in the beginning)
– Add in Half a cup of hot water and let it continue to boil.
– After boiling, bring to a simmer and add in the tomato paste & Sugar & Potatoes.
-Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
( while you are doing this… boil had a pot of water and cook your spaghetti, for 7-10 minutes, be careful not to overcook this kind because it can be rally sticky! I like to drain and splash with cold water to avoid stickiness )
_ uncover and add in the Tomatoes and cover again for 10 more minutes. ( total time for cooking 15-20 minutes)
and there you go! you can add salt if you like! but this dish already has that sweet cinnamon taste to it…
***I serve this with a side of salad with my Secret low fat/ no oil salad dressing.
I hope you enjoy this dish and let me know what you think in the comments 🙂
As always YOU’RE WELCOME!
Please Follow me for more vegan and cruelty free goodness: