Today I wanted to share with you my very simple Nice cream Recipe!
There are sooooooo many different versions of this on the internet and as I was looking through some of them I realized most use some kind of nuts or oils or sugar! and I just wanted to offer a very simple Low fat version of the nice cream 🙂
What the heck is Carob powder you ask?
Carob is a tropical pod that contains a sweet, edible pulp and inedible seeds. After drying, the pulp is roasted and ground into a powder that resembles cocoa powder, but does not have the same flavor and texture of chocolate.Carob powder has a number of advantages over Cocoa powder and as such is often used to make what has come to be known as ‘healthy chocolate’ . Carob powder is free of the allergetic and addictive effects of caffeine and theobromine present in Cocoa.
I use Carob powder instead of Coacoa because it is healthier!!!
All you need is:
– Bananas ( 2-3 frozen overnight or for a few hours)
– Carob Powder ( 2 table spoons)
– 1 drop of Vanilla Sweet Drop ( Optional)
– A Blender ( I use my NutriBullet)
*Tip: Always use Spotted Bananas because they are ripe in this stage… otherwise they may be harder to digest!
- SO Obviously you need to Freeze Some bananas overnight to get the “ice-cream” texture you desire!
- Put the bananas into the blender and pulse for a bit so they break up!
- Add in the carob powder and sweet drop and Blend until smooth but not liquid! ( you don’t want to blend too much)
- If you feel like it is too soft, you can put it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes!
- Pour your Banana Carob cream in a serving dish and ENJOY!
Hope you guys enjoy this very healthy and low fat treat!!! Sometimes I just make a whole bunch of this and have it for lunch on my Rt4 lifestyle 🙂 it fills you up and SO good for you!
as always, YOU’RE WELCOME 😉
make sure to follow me for more recipes and cruelty free make up reviews! AND some videos coming soon 😀