For my lunch/Dinner post today i am posting one of my favorites! “the zucchini Dish” as I call it!!! this dish is adapted from a Persian dish that I grew up eating and loving… its been Veganized as the crazy kids say… haha!!!
anyway!!! I love this dish, it makes me full and it is so Delicious 🙂
** i do not cook with oil or salt in my recipes in Keepings with my HCLF lifestyle.
Here we go:
– Basmati Rice ( you can use any rice you like, I love using basmati)
– 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
– 2-3 Zucchinis
– 1 golden organic potatoes, Chopped
– 2 cloves garlic ( minced) — ( Optional)
– 1 Yellow Onion ( Chopped)
– 1 can of Pomi Tomato Sauce ( low sodium, no added ingredients) *you can use regular tomato sauce as well
– 2-3 freshly cut Tomatoes ( Diced)
_ 1-2 Lemons
_ 1 TBS Tomatoes Paste ( organic)
– 1 teaspoon Turmeric.
– A pinch of pepper.
*Note: Zucchini is extremely low in calories, but it gives you the feeling of being full. As an outstanding source of manganese and vitamin C, zucchini is the best source of dietary fiber that will keep your body in the best shape for the long run. It also contains vitamin A, magnesium, folate, potassium, copper, and phosphorus . This summer squash also has a high content of omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, niacin, and protein. Moreover, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, vitamin B2, and calcium in zucchini assure optimal health.
– you should start making the Rice first! You may cook the rice in your rice cooker or in some hot water. ( I add a tsb of saffron)
_ Chop your veggies, potatoes and the Zucchini.. I cook mine with the skin and chop it in in big chunks 🙂 you can do as you please.
– pour a quarter cup of water into a pot
– Add in the Onions,garlic, pepper and bring to a small boil
– Add the mushrooms and the turmeric and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.. this will in fuse the flavors. keep stirring.
– Pour your Tomato Sauce in ( make sure to keep stirring in the beginning)
– Add in Half a cup of hot water and let it continue to boil.
– After boiling… bring to a simmer and add in the tomato paste and stir.
_ Add in the Potatoes & Zucchini & Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
-_ uncover and add in the Tomatoes and the juice of the lemons and cover again for 10 more minutes until the vegetables are done ( not crunchy)
and there you go! serve over your Rice and Enjoy 🙂
*I do not cook with salt but you can add salt if you like! or Use lemon instead.
***I serve this with a side of salad with my Secret low fat/ no oil salad dressing. & some Green onion sprouts.
I hope you like this recipe! it is a very healthy and fulfilling dinner! and delicious!
as always YOU’RE WELCOME!
please Share this is you enjoy these recipes, so that i can keep writing and sharing with you 🙂
follow me for more healthy HCLF recipes and other vegan goodness 🙂
Love & Peace