Today I wanted to share with you How I whiten my teeth on a regular basis! I am always asked about this and I have never gone to the dentist to whiten my teeth… not only is Bleach used most of the time to whiten teeth at the dentist, it is an unnatural process not to mention the products used are not cruelty-free at all…
There are also several brands that offer tooth whitening products that you can buy and use at home… well I have already written a Blog about what most of these Brands use in their products ( read HERE) so whitening my teeth is not worth the health issues that might follow.
Before I get into the HOW… I have to write about one of the ingredients… ” Baking Soda” I have seen a lot of bloggers use the word Natural and Baking soda and realized I have no idea what the hell Baking soda is!!!! is it even Natural?!
you use it to clean and deodorize.. how can that be good to put into your body right!?!
well that sparked my curiosity and so I decided to do some research of what Baking Soda is… I mean I had no idea what was in it or where it came from…
Baking Soda that is made in the U.s usually comes from Green River Wy and it is mined from trona ore. Baking Soda is created through a chemical process where the trona is heated until it is turned into soda ash and then it is treated with carbon dioxide and there you have it… Chemically created Baking Soda!!!
soon disappointing 😦 how can anyone use the word Natural here…There was no way I was going to use this Chemically treated stuff in my Baking or on my teeth after reading all this…
But then there was hope 🙂 …
I realized that not ALL Baking soda is made in a lab….and it actually already exists in nature and can be found naturally They mine the soda directly from the ground in the form of nahcolite and there is nothing added, altered and there is no chemical reaction.. it just comes straight from the ground 😀
You can find Brands that carry PURE Baking soda ( Aluminum free) usually at your local health market or whole foods… I use
The RED MILL Pure Baking Soda which is Gluten Free and Cruelty-free. ..
NOW onto what you’ve been waiting for…
HOW TO WHITEN YOUR TEETH NATURALLY
you will need:
- 1 TSP Pure Baking Soda
- 1 Lemon ( and lemon wedge)
- a small bowl to mix in
- Put a Teaspoon of your Baking soda into your mixing bowl and press on it with a spoon to get rid of any chunks.
- Cut your lemon in half ( save the other half) and Squeeze the juice onto your Baking soda..( get rid of any seeds)
- Mix the two together and create a Paste!
- Take the rest of your lemon and cut it into a wedge ( to use as a mouth tray)
- Bite into your Lemon Wedge to create teeth impressions on it and take it out gently to not ruin the teeth marks
- Now take your paste and fill in all the impression lines on the lemon wedge… and you have yourself a little tooth whitening mouth tray 🙂
- Now simply just bite into it and hold in place for 5-10 minutes while it does its magic ( it doesn’t taste that great)
- and there YOU GO! you can do this up to 2-3 times a week and you will notice HUGE difference 😀
If you want your teeth to stay white you should avoid:
- Using tobacco
- Drinking dark-colored liquids such as coffee, cola, tea and red wine
- Not taking good care of your teeth
If you want to drink dark liquids try drinking with straw to avoid direct contact with your front teeth.
Alright I hope you guys enjoyed this little DIY/Informational/Natural Blog!
Please Share if you liked this blog… I am trying to do DIY Wednesdays on my blog and it lets me know that you enjoy this kind of thing.
alright as always You’re WELCOME!!
have an awesome day and keep smiling 😉