SO this is a recipe I have been wanting to post for a LONG time.. because it is freakin delicious and you will be stunned as to how closely it resembles Alfredo sauce without any cream and cheese in it 🙂 I make this for special occasions and I hope you love it as much as I do 😀
so here we GO!
– Gluten Free Pasta or Speghetti ( mine was made with corn & Rice for a healthier meal)
– A Cup of mushrooms ( or one whole Portobello)
– 1/4 Cauliflower head
– 2 TBS mined Garlic
– Half a cup non-dairy Milk ( almond, coconut or rice… I used low-fat coconut here)
– 6-7 freshly cut cherrie Tomatoes
– 1 Green Onion, finely chopped on top.
– A pinch of pepper.
– Juice from Half a Lemon
-1 TBS Nutritional yeast
– NutriBullet or blender
*Note: Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. It is a very good source of choline, dietary fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, phosphorus, and biotin. Additionally, it is a good source of vitamin B2, protein, vitamin B1, niacin, and magnesium.
– pour a splash of water into a pot
– Add in the garlic and some paper seasoning bring to a small boil an let it cook for 2-3 minutes.. this will in fuse the flavors of the garlic.
– Pour your Non-dairy milk in and bring to a small boil.
– After boiling, bring to a simmer and add in the Cauliflower.
-Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
– Meanwhile is a separate pot, cook the Mushrooms with a splash of water and put aside.
– You can also start making your pasta or spaghetti… Mine only takes 5-7 minutes so I like to make it right away. Pour your pasta into a pot of boiling water and cook until soft… do not overcook this type of pasta ( if you are using the rice & corn) because it will be sticky and hard.
- after your cauliflower is done pour everything from this pot into your Blender, add in the lemon and Nutritional yeast and blend until it is creamy ( about 30 seconds)
- Serve your pasta on to a dish or bowl and pour in the creamy sauce, add in the mushrooms and mix it all up!
- add some cherrie tomatoes and Green onion on top and ENJOY!
and there you go! you can add salt if you like! but I do not use salt or oil in my cooking!
I hope you enjoy this dish and let me know what you think in the comments 🙂
As always YOU’RE WELCOME!
Please Follow me for more vegan and cruelty free goodness: