Hope you’re having an awesome Monday 🙂 Its already getting a little cooler around here believe it or not!
so I am transitioning to my stews and Rice dishes a bit more! I don’t really care what season it is, I always love making the stews, they are my favorite!
Recently I watched an indian movie on Netflix, and they were making all sorts of Masalas.. and well….. I just had to have it! and this Vegan Masala Recipe was Born 🙂
You will Need:
- 1 white or yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (3 Tbsp)
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp chili powder ( Adjust to your taste and spicy preference)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 28-oz can pureed or finely diced tomatoes
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, slightly drained
- 2 Cups chopped Green beans or vegetable of choice.( I added some potatoes too)
- 1 tsp garam masala ( you can get this from any indian market or even supermarket)
- 2-3 tsp coconut sugar
- Juice from Half lemon
- Cooked Basmati or Jasmin rice.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. add a splash of water ( I don’t use oil), onion, cumin,
- In a Grinder or food processor , Add garlic, ginger, cilantro and grind into a rough paste then, add to the pan with the onions.
3. Next add ground coriander, chili powder, and turmeric and stir to coat. Add a little more water at this point if the pan is looking dry.
4. Next add pureed tomatoes and chickpeas. If the mixture looks a little too thick, add up to 1 cup water.
5. Increase heat to medium high until it reaches a simmer, then reduce heat to low or and maintain a simmer (uncovered) for 15-20 minutes, or until thick and stew-like. Stir occasionally.
6. When everything is thickened and bubbly, taste and adjust seasonings as needed, chili powder for heat, or a bit of coconut sugar for sweetness.
7. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and garam masala, sprinkle some cilantro on top and THERE YOU GO!!! serve over rice and enjoy 🙂
Hope you enjoy! It’s a good one 🙂
Love & Peace