Happy Monday!!! for a while now I have been thinking of what I can post on Mondays that you guys would benefit from the most! and I FINALLY GOT IT! RECIPES!!!
I have been experimenting in the kitchen with flavors and I think I got enough recipes to make this a regular Monday thing… hopefully you guys will benefit from these posts 🙂
Let me just give you a little intro to my way of cooking and lifestyle.
Obviously I am Vegan, and I focus on eating whole plant foods. which means I avoid anything processed ( Oils, vegan junk food, refined sugars…etc) that means I do not cook with oil either! I follow a High Carb Low Fat Vegan lifestyle ( HCLF)
I also have a very low sodium diet… I do not add any salt to my food, there is plenty of sodium in Natural plant foods for our bodies! now some people might think the food is just bland without salt ( I used to dump salt on my food, so I was one of these people) but once I got rid of it, I started to TASTE the real flavor of food without the distraction of the added salt! I realized that salt hides flavor and we have become SO used to dumping it on our food that we don’t realize we are hiding the real delicious flavor!
I have not met anyone so far that can just eat a piece of meat with no seasoning or sauce, because the real taste of meat is not really that pleasant and we need salt to mask the flavor!
SOOO now that I am no longer eating meat, I don’t need SALT… and of course SALT makes us retain water and slows us down.. so just get rid of it, its fine in moderation, but make sure you look at the sodium content in packaged food as well!
ok.. rant over!
Here is my LOW fat Hummus recipe 🙂
You will need
- 2 cans of low sodium Chick peas.
- Juice of Two Lemons.
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder ( optional)
- 1/2-1 cup of water ( Adjust for thickness)
- Drain your Chick peas ( or garbanzo beans) and wash them to get rid of the sodium.. the juice contains preservatives and sodium that we do not want in our body!
- Pour the beans into your blender add in the lemon juice, Garlic and garlic powder.( you can add in some pepper, or red pepper if you like)
- add the water and Blend for 1 minute.
- THERE YOU GO! you have your own healthy, delicious and fat free
- you can adjust the ingredients to your liking, but this really works well for me 🙂 ENJOY!
let me know if you make this and how you like it! you can add in parsley or other ingredients to make yourself different flavors of Hummus, but this is mimicking the classic hummus 🙂
as always YOU’RE WELCOME!
love & peace