Happy Friday!!! the Acne Face Mask has been a highly requested DIY…
This Mask has Anibactirial properties that will prevent breakouts and help your breakouts heal faster 🙂 I get so self concious about my breakouts and just want to hide until they are gone… or I cake makeup on it which makes them even worse and well I just don’t feel like myself when I have them 😦
I am so excited to share my Acne face mask DIY with you guys today! I tested this out and my skin looked AMAZING! and wouldn’t you believe it, I had a few zits that are almost completely gone! it works really well and your skin will feel soft and glowing!!! so here we go!
You will Need:
- 1 ripe Banana
- 1 tsp Powdered oats
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Tsp Thyme essential oil
- 1/2 tsp Calendula essential oil
** Thyme has antibacterial properties. It also increases circulation of the blood by opening up blood vessels
** Calendula accelerates healing and has antimicrobial properties
It would best to Steam your face with the essential oils before applying the mask to open up your pores 🙂
How to Steam your Face:
- Fill a 1-quart pot with water and bring it to a boil for a minute or two. Once the water has been steaming for a couple minutes, add 1-2 drops of any of the listed essential oils.
- Place a large, clean cotton towel over your head. You’ll use this to create a sort of “tent” to trap the steam around your face. Once you’ve made your towel-tent, lean over about 12 inches away from the water to put your face in the steam.
- ◦Keep your eyes closed during the steaming process to protect them from steam damage.
- This might feel uncomfortable at first but TRUST ME, you will feel so much better after! just breath normally and keep your head over the steam for 7-10 minutes… you will feel your face tingle 🙂
How to DIY acne Face Mask
- Mash the ripe banana in a bowl
- add in the powdered oat.. you can make your own oat powder by simply putting the oat in a blander!
- add in the lemon juice and the essential oils.
- Mis it all up in the bowl, make sure to mix well and get the oils really in there!
- Apply on your face and neck ( all the areas you need) with your hands and leave on for 12-15 minutes.
- wash off with warm water and once the face mask is completely washed off splash your face with cold water to close those pores.
- apply your favorite moisturizer, you can click Here to see my DIY moisturizer.
- there you go! your face is beautiful, glowing! and you just fought acne!
I really hope you guys enjoyed this DIY and I’ll see you with another DIY next Friday, Please let me know if you would like me to do a specific DIY!
as always YOU’RE WELCOM!
love & peace
This is great! I love that you included steaming to open pores and cold water to close pores. 2 very important steps that get tremendously over looked.
LikeLiked by 2 people
❤️ I know it makes a world of difference 🙂 thanks for reading 😍
LikeLiked by 1 person