SO this Friday night I though I would share my Banana Blast with you guys 🙂 this is one of my Go to nice creams and I absolutely love it 🙂 it is sweet and delicious, no sugar added and no sugar needed 😀
All you need is:
– Bananas ( 2-3 frozen overnight or for a few hours)
– 1 Cup Blueberries( Frozen or cold)
– 1 Date
– 1 Tsp Chia Seeds
– A Blender ( I use my NutriBullet)
(soak your date in some water to make it soft and blendable)
** Note: Blueberries are very low in calories. 100 g fresh berries carry just 57 calories. Nonetheless, they possess notable health benefiting plant-nutrients such as soluble dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins, and pigment anti-oxidants that contribute immensely towards optimum health and wellness.Blueberries are among the highest anti-oxidant value fruits.Fresh berries carry small amount of vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E. Altogether, these vitamins work as potent anti-oxidants which help limit free radical mediated injury to the body.
Furthermore, they contain a good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, iron and zinc. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure. Manganese is used by the body as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase. Copper is required for the production of red blood cells. Iron is required for red blood cell formation.
- You will need to Freeze Some bananas overnight to get the “ice-cream” texture you desire!
- and you will need to freeze the Blueberries ( or place them in the fridge overnight) I prefer to freeze as it gives it some crunchiness 🙂
- Put the bananas & Blueberries, date * Chia seeds into the blender and pulse for a bit so they break up!
- You may need to swirl them together a bit and mix and then Pulse again…
- Do not blend too much as it will become too soft!
- If you feel like it is too soft, you can put it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes! ( but not more because it will crystallize)
- Pour or scoop your Blueberry Banana Blast ice-cream in a serving dish and ENJOY!
decorate with a few Blueberries on top!! just for fun and fruitiness! 😀
thanks so much for reading hope you enjoy this awesome dairy-free & vegan creamy & fruity ice-cream 🙂
Please check out my other ice-creams ( Nice-creams) as well.. and follow me for more healthy, fruity and vegan deliciousness 🙂
as always YOU’RE WELCOME
love & Peace