So this Vegan Cauliflower & Broccoli spaghetti is just kinda my made up recipe, it is super healthy and delicious, I love putting cauliflower into my dishes and I had some Broccoli as well and it turned out really well!! so sharing with you 😀
here we GO!
– Organic Brown Rice Spaghetti Pasta ( Gluten Free). ( you can use regular spaghetti, but this is healthier 🙂 )
– A Cup of mushrooms ( or one whole Portobello)
– A quarter head of Cauliflower
– A Quarter head of Broccoli
– 2 cloves garlic ( minced) — ( Optional)
– 1/2 Red onion.
_ one can of Pomi Tomato Sauce ( low sodium, no added ingredients) *you can use regular tomato sauce as well
– 2-3 freshly cut Tomatoes ( Diced)
– 1 TBS Tomato Paste
– 3-4 stems of Mint (chopped)
– A pinch of pepper
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 1 TBS of Turmeric
*Note: Broccoli is rich in dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins, and anti-oxidants that have proven health benefits. it contains very good amounts of another anti-oxidant vitamin, vitamin-A. 100 g fresh head provides 623 IU or 21 % of recommended daily levels. Together with other pro-vitamins like beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, and zea-xanthin, vitamin A helps in maintaining the integrity of skin and mucusa. Vitamin A is essential for healthy eye-sight and helps prevent from macular degeneration of the retina in the elderly population.
– pour a quarter cup of water into a pot
– Add in the Onions,garlic, pepper & and bring to a small boil an let it cook for 2-3 minutes.. this will in fuse the flavors. keep stirring.
– Add the mushrooms and the turmeric and mix it all up, let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
– Pour your Tomato Sauce in ( make sure to keep stirring in the beginning)
– After boiling, bring to a simmer and add in the tomato paste, Broccoli & Cauliflower and squeeze in some lemon Juice.
-Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
( while you are doing this… boil had a pot of water and cook your spaghetti, for 7-10 minutes, be careful not to overcook this kind because it can be rally sticky! I like to drain and splash with cold water to avoid stickiness )
_ uncover and add in the Tomatoes and Mint and cover again for 5-10 more minutes. ( total time for cooking 15-20 minutes)
and there you go! you can add salt if you like! but this dish already has that sweet cinnamon taste to it…
***I serve this with a side of salad with my Secret low fat/ no oil salad dressing.
I hope you enjoy this dish and let me know what you think in the comments 🙂
As always YOU’RE WELCOME!
Please Follow me for more vegan and cruelty free goodness:
It looks so awesome! Going to try it soon! Thanks a lot.
LikeLiked by 1 person
thank you 🙂 Enjoy!
I am really going to try this. Love that it is gluten free and vegan. Yay
LikeLiked by 1 person
😀 Hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think when you do 🙂
Yes I will. 😀