I recently posted a picture of my chickpea burger on my instagram and got a few private and public messages to post a recipe 🙂 sooooo…. here you go!
You will need:
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Chickpeas
- 1 cup of Sweet corn.
- 4 Cloves of Garlic ( or garlic powder if you don’t have it)
- 1⁄2 tsp Paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp Cilantro/Coriander Powder
- 1⁄2 tsp Cumin
- 1⁄2 cup Fresh Chopped Cilantro (loosely packed)
- 3 Tbsp Oat Flour , plus more for rolling
- Drain the can of chickpeas and add the chickpeas to a food processor (or Blender) with the garlic, spices, freshly chopped cilantro and flour and blend until thick.
- Sprinkle flour over a baking tray and cover your hands with it as well. Roll the batter into 4 balls and place onto the baking tray.
- Take a square of parchment paper, place on top of each ball and press down on it to flatten it into a burger shape.
- Place the 4 burgers into the fridge to firm up for 30 minute
- place on a parchment lined baking tray and bake in the oven at 400°F (200°C) for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns or lettuce bun with sliced avocado, crispy lettuce, sliced tomato, ketchup and mustard.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! if you decide to make it please let me know how you like it 🙂
love & peace.