Happy Monday 🙂 You might be thinking… Girl… You’re crazy! Minestrone Soup in the Summer?!?
but I had this the other day and it was DELICIOUS I couldn’t wait for winter to post for you guys! besides its getting cooler at nights now!
alright so lets hop to it!
You will Need:
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large Onion
- 1 large carrot ( cut into small pieces)
- handful of Green beans cut into small pieces.
- 2 stalks celery diced.
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes ( low sodium)
- 2 fresh tomatoes diced.
- 1 can of low sodium kidney Beans. ( rinse to get ride of sodium)
- 1 cup pasta of choice. ( i did veggie pasta here, traditionally its elbow pasta)
- 6 cups of veggie broth ( or water)
- 1 Tbs tomato paste.
- Juice of 1 Lemon.
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup Nutritional yeast.
- Splash in some water in a large pot and add in the minced garlic and diced onions with some pepper, let it sizzle until fragrant. (4min or so)
- Add in the celery and carrots and cook until they soften ( 5 min)
- Add in the green beans, Oregano, basil, lemon juice and let it cook ( 2-3) minutes.
- Pour in the veggie broth and crushed tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add in the tomatoes paste and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- after 10 minutes add in the fresh tomatoes, Pasta and kidney beans and cook until pasta is cooked. another 10 minutes.
- There you go! serve in a bowl and sprinkle some nutritional yeast on top! and ENJOY!
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe, I will you see on Wednesday with an AWESOME Review!
thanks for reading!
Love & Peace