Hope you are all having an awesome Monday! since we are still in transition here and its still a bit chilly outside, I thought I should post my last comfort food pasta dish before heading to dills summer desserts and other summer type treats…
This recipe was basically just me messing around in the kitchen and trying to substitute for things I didn’t have! it is absolutely delicious and you will LOVE IT!
You will Need:
- Whole Wheat Penne Pasta, or any pasta of your choice.
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes sliced in half.
- 2-3 strands of Green Onions.
- 1 1/2 Tbs Nutritional yeast
- 2 cups mushrooms or your choice.
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of your choice.
- Half a head of Cauliflower.
- 1 Edward and son’s Low sodium NOT CHICK’N Bouillon Cube.
- 1 Tbs Garlic.
- Juice of 1 Lemon.
- Add in 1/3 cup of water to your pan and add in the garlic on low heat.
- stir around, until fragrant then add in your Non-dairy Milk and bring to a boil
- add in the cauliflower, You may chop it so that the liquid covers the cauliflower.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is cooked.
- You can begin cooking your pasta as well, follow package directions.
- meanwhile in a separate pan add in 1/2 cup of water and the chopped up mushrooms.
- Add seasoning and bring to a boil.
- add in the low sodium Not Chick’n Bouillon and stir around, turn heat on low and let it dissolve.
- take your Cauliflower Mix and pour into a Blender, add in Nutritional yeast, lemon and Blend for about 1 minute.
- Once your pasta is ready, drain and splash with cold water ( to avoid sticking)
- Pour the pasta into a serving dish and pour the crazy cauliflower sauce on top.
- Add in the mushroom Mix to it as well and stir around until the pasta is covered with sauce and mushroom.
- chop up the green onion and raw tomato and add on top!
- sprinkle some nutritional yeast on top for a “cheesy” finish and there you go!
Hope you all enjoy this recipe, it is delicious with rich flavors!
see you guys on Wednesday!
love & Peace