Happy Monday to you all 🙂 for me its a slushy Monday today…. apparently Spring isn’t ready for us yet, so its rain and snow all day this week! This weather is making me CRAZY! just be spring already!
Even though I love love love my smoothies, when its cold and rainy its nice to have oatmeal once in a while! I was never really the type of person who liked just oats… but it has been growing on me and I developed my own little oatmeal recipe that I want to share with you guys today! you can take this and make it your own… add things, take things away… have fun with it! you know what I am sayin?
You will need:
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Banana
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup Almond milk ( you can heat this if you like)
- 3-4 Tbs Organic Apple sauce
- Chia seeds or seed or choice
- Nut of choice ( optional)
- Pour in your oats and water in a small Pan. ( 1 cup oats to 2 cups water)
- Slice up HALF of your banana into the pan and tun on the heat to low.
- Mix the oats around in the water.. continue mixing and add Cinnamon and sugar.
- Mix around until the oats are cooked and water is absorbed ( should take 3-5 minutes) the banana will make the mixture creamy and yummy 🙂
- Pour it in your serving dish and add a layer of apple sauce on top of it.
- slice in the rest of the Banana.
- Pour the almond milk in ( this is optional) you can heat the milk if you don’t like it to be cold.
- sprinkle on chia seeds, nut of choice and a dash of cinnamon if you like and ENJOY!!!
This is super delicious with the apple sauce and Bananas… you can also add in dates instead of bananas for extra sweetness! make the recipe your own! I just used whatever I had around!
hope you enjoyed this week’s recipe!
love and peace 🙂