DIY Friday is back, will be posting DIYs regularly on Fridays 🙂
I am already tired of winter… its snowing today and not the pretty kind of snow like Christmas… its the snow on top of piles of black icy snow that makes everything look rough and cold and just ..yuck… its just sooooooooanyw cold!!!
you know what I am talking about…
anyway… I haven’t seen the sun in like a month, and I need some color on my skin! I am a little more olive skinned ( compared to beaming white) but even us olive girls need a boost!
seriously though… everyone needs a good bronzer sometimes 🙂 I am going to be reviewing an awesome natural vegan and cruelty-free self tanner next week… but for now just wanted to share this awesome DIY trick I discovered with you guys 🙂
You only need TWO ingredients for this DIY…
- Coconut oil
- Carob or Cocoa Powder
- take 1 cup of the coconut oil and place in a large bowl.
- Whether oil is liquid or hard, it doesn’t really matter at this stage… take a hand blender ( or just with a wooden spoon) and blend until a little creamy and even.
- take 1 TBS of the cocoa powder and mix it in.. blend again!
- you can add more or less cocoa powder depending on how light or dark you want the Bronzer to be.
- Out your mixture in the fridge for 30-45 minutes so it hardens a little bit!
- apply to any desired areas just like lotion! it will give you instant beautiful color!
there you have it!!! now this is only a temporary Bronzer just like any makeup! you can apply it on your body or face… coconut oil is actually really good for the skin.. ( even face) and minimized wrinkles and protects the skin!
In addition to being super easy and fast! This natural product is MUCH better for your skin than even spray tanning… with all the chemicals that can get through your pores and be detrimental to your health!! and getting a spray tan is just a pain in the ass!
** If you apply it to your skin, make sure you do not wear any light color clothing, as it will transfer
** DO NOT let your Dog LICK your face or anywhere you have applied this DIY Bronzer, Cocoa is deadly for dogs!
There you have it!!!
Try it out and let me know what you think 🙂 this Bronzer will wash off with water very easily as well so don’t worry about tan lines or uneven skin tone, think of it just like makeup… but natural 😀
Hope you guys enjoyed this DIY!
as always YOU’RE WELCOME!
love & Peace