I am working on a HUGE surprise for you guys for Friday so instead of a review today I am posting a quick Soup Recipe 😀
you don’t have to be sick or in bed or enjoy soup, it can be a meal all on its own… and as it turns out Everyone LOVES SOUP!!!
This is one of my favorites! If you have never had barley before you are in for a treat! you can just get whole Barley at any grocery store… most famous Brand being Red Mill! and Check HERE for some nutritional benefits of this awesome and affordable grain 🙂
here we go…. This makes a BIG batch and you can keep in the fridge and enjoy for a few days 🙂
You will need:
- Barley 1 Cup ( Boiled)
- I Cup of (black, red or white) Beans , (boiled)
- Vegetables 500 Gram, chopped (Onions, tomatoes, carrot, mushrooms, green beans and spinach can be used)
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- Vegetable stock 4 Cups ( or water )
- Garlic 1 Tablespoon, minced
- One whole yellow onion
- Crushed red pepper 1 Teaspoon
- Italian seasoning 1 Teaspoon, dry
- Juice of one lemon
You will just need to prep the Barley and bean by cooking them beforehand so that they can be added into the mix.
The Barley only needs to be cooked for 10-15 minutes in 2 cuts of water and you can use canned beans if that is easier for you 😉
_ While you are Boiling your Barley and Beans you can prep veggies…
_ Chop your Onions, carrots, tomatoes, Green beans, mushrooms or whatever veggies you choose into small little cubes,
– pour a quarter cup of water into a pot ( I use water instead of oil)
– Add in the Onions and Garlic and let them soften till the flavors are fused.
– Add in the Carrots and stir around for 1-2 minutes.
– Add in Mushrooms and the other veggies ( not the spinach) and cover for 2-3 minutes or till it looks like the veggies are cooked a little.
– Pour in the Tomato sauce, seasoning, Italian spice mix, Crushed red pepper and stir around.. voter for another 2 minutes.
– Add in the Vegetable Broth ( or water) with the already boiled barley and beans, Half cover and let it cook for 5 minutes.
-_Transfer 2 cups of the soup to a blender ( I use my NutriBullet) an Blend until smooth.
– Pour the soup back into the pot and add the Chopped Spinach Cook for 2 more minutes
– season some more with lemon juice and pepper until you are satisfied with the taste 🙂
*I do not cook with salt but you can add salt if you like! or Use lemon instead.
THERE YOU GO! serve in a Bowl and Enjoy!!! this is absolutely delicious!!!
Hope you guys get to make and enjoy this delicious soup 🙂
as always YOU’RE WELCOME!
Love & Peace