yes I am sharing another recipe by Youtube Gemma stafford!! I found this recipe on her lovely channel ” Bigger Bolder Baking” She does not focus on Vegan desserts all the time, but she has some fantastic recipes that I absolutely adore and keep making!
thanks Gemma for the lovely recipes 🙂
If you have not yet please check out her channel HERE!
& Here is a link to her video and a list of ingredients and instructions from her channel written below! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSuB7dupkz4
1 1/2 cups Sushi Rice ( regular rice will not work)
2 cups Water
3 Tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
(1 cup) 8 oz Coconut Milk
1 ½ tsp of vanilla extract
Fruit Mango, pineapple, kiwi, strawberry, raspberries.
Choose any fruit you like including banana, orange, peaches, etc
For the Rice: Using a strainer, rinse the rice to remove the milky coating.
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan combine the rice, 2 cups water, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt. Bring to a simmer, then turn the heat down low and cook gently for 12-15 minutes.
2. Once the water and absorbed into the rice and it is soft turn off the heat. Add coconut milk and stir. Spread evenly on a lined tray to cool down fast and stop it from continuing to cook
3. For the Fruit: Cut the fruit into sticks or something that resembles a stick :). You want the fruit to be long so it is easy to roll. 4. To make a sushi roll: Lay down a rectangle of cling film (plastic wrap)
5. Spread out a rectangle of rice. While spreading out the rice it helps to have a little bowl of water to dip your hands in and help the sticky rice spread. Lay your sliced fruit on the rice around ⅔ the way up the rice. Start to roll, use the cling wrap to control the roll and keep it tight. Take your time. Once your sushi is made roll it on its seem so if doesn’t unravel.
6. Change it up and lay down mango on the cling wrap, then lay down rice directly on it. Fill with fruit and roll up.
7. Also you can toss a roll in toasted coconut which works really well with the fruit.
8. Mix it up and get creative, this can be a really fun recipe where everyone can participate.
9. Serve your sushi with sliced cantaloupe for the ginger and fruit puree for the dipping sauce.
Hope you guys get to make and enjoy this! These pictures are from Gemma’s video.. I did make my own but my pictures were not as pretty as hers 🙂
thanks so much for checking in!
as always YOU’RE WELCOME!
follow me for more vegan recipes and goodness 😀