HI everyone 🙂
wanted to share my Sweet and Spicy rice noodle recipe with you 🙂 again, I was just kind of experimenting with tastes and ingredients and came up with this … this is a Hight Carb Low fat recipe, I don’t cook with oil and I don’t use salt in my recipes!
this dish turned out to be delicious!!! and i hope you guy get to make and enjoy it 😀
Here we go!
– Rice Noodles ( you can use any rice noodle you like, I chose the thin ones)
– 1 cup chopped mushrooms
– 2 Golden Organic Potatoes, cubed
– 1 cloves garlic ( minced) — ( Optional)
– 1/2 can of Pomi Tomato Sauce ( low sodium, no added ingredients) *you can use regular tomato sauce as well
– 2-3 freshly cut Tomatoes ( Diced)
– 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric.
– 2 Tbs coconut sugar ( you can use other types of sugar, but coconut sugar is a healthier option)
– 1 Jalapeno ( minced)
– 1/2 onion
*Note: One of the most health-promoting properties of agave nectar is its favorable glycemic profile. Its sweetness comes primarily from a complex form of fructose called inulin. Fructose is the sugar that occurs naturally in fruits and vegetables. The carbohydrate in agave nectar has a low glycemic index, which provides sweetness without the unpleasant “sugar rush” and unhealthful blood sugar spike caused by many other sugars. Agave nectar is a delicious natural sweetener that can be used moderately – by dieters, some diabetics, and health conscious cooks – to replace high-glycemic and refined sugars.
– pour a quarter cup of water into a pot
– Add in the Onions,garlic, Jalapeño and bring to a small boil
– Add the mushrooms and the turmeric and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.. this will in fuse the flavors. keep stirring.
– Pour your Tomato Sauce in ( make sure to keep stirring in the beginning)
– Add in Half a cup of hot water and let it continue to boil.
– After boiling, bring to a simmer and add in the Potatoes, tomatoes & sugar
-Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are done
– Rive noodles only take a few minutes to cook… just take your rice noodles out of the box and place them in boiling hot water for 2-3 minutes then drain and splash with cold water.
and there you go! serve your Sweet & sour vegetable mix over your Rice Noddle, Mix it up and Enjoy 🙂
*I do not cook with salt but you can add salt if you like! or Use lemon instead.
***I serve this with a side of salad with my Secret low fat/ no oil salad dressing. & some Green onion sprouts.
Thank so much reading ENJOY this dish, it is absolutely delicious 😀
as always YOU’RE WELCOME!
follow me for more HCLF, Rt4 and vegan recipes and goodness.