I am bringing the Nicecreams back this week… are you EXCITED!?!?!?!
Hope you are more excited than that guy 😉 I love love love love love.. this nice cream… it is the perfect combination of sweet and tart! and … I don’t know if I can say how delicious this is… you’ll just have to try it yourself… I love cherries, I always get so excited for them when the are around, so before they go away again…. here is my Cherry Featured Nicecream… as always no dairy, no nothin… jut fruit!
did I mention I LOVE IT?
not sure… why I busted out the psycho Gifs for this blog… hmmmmm… subconscious cherry weirdness… !
Alright so here we GO!
All you need is:
– Cherries, 1 1/2 Cups ( Frozen overnight) Adjust as you wish!
– 2 Dates ( for extra sweetness, soak in water for 2-3 hours for softness)
– A Blender ( I use my NutriBullet)
**Note: Cherries are one of the very low calorie fruits. Nonetheless, they are rich source of phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Both sweet as well as tart cherries are packed with numerous health benefiting compounds that are essential for wellness.cherries are one of nature’s few sources of melatonin, a hormone that lowers body temperature, making us sleepy. When study volunteers drank an ounce of tart cherry juice concentrate in the morning and again at night, they slept more soundly. they are also small source of zinc; and moderate sources of iron, potassium, and manganese; and good source of copper. Potassium is a heart-healthy mineral; an important component of cell and body fluids that regulate heart rate and blood pressure.
Cherries’ abundant supply of antioxidants have been linked to reduced levels of nitric oxide — a compound associated with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis!!!
- You will need to Freeze Some Cherries overnight to get the “ice-cream” texture you desire!
- The date needs to be soaked as well ( don’t forget to take the pitt out) this will make it soft and not so chunky
- Put the Date & Cherries into the blender and pulse for a bit so they break up!
- You may need to swirl them together a bit and mix and then Pulse again…
- DO not blend too much as it will become too soft!
- If you feel like it is too soft, you can put it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes!
- Pour or scoop your Cheery Mix in a serving dish and ENJOY!
Thank you so much for reading, I really hope you guy enjoy this traditional ( with a twist) but always fun vegan ice-cream 🙂
as always YOU’RE WELCOME
Follow me for more vegan recipes and goodness 🙂
Love & peace!