oh blueberries!!! I love this little balls of joy! as usual, I had some frozen bananas ready and I wanted to make my nicecream for the day… so this was the”fruit” of my labor!
haha! that was terrible…. please forgive me!
All you need is:
– Bananas ( 2-3 frozen overnight or for a few hours)
– 1 cup Fresh Bluberries ( no need to freeze)
– A Blender ( I use my NutriBullet)
** Note: one-cup serving of Blueberries provides 24% of daily vitamin C, 5% vitamin of B6 and 36% of vitamin K needs. Blueberries also provide iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, manganese, zinc, copper, folate, beta-carotene, folate, choline, vitamin A and vitamin E.
In addition to anthocyanins, blueberries contain a diverse range of phenolic compounds such as quercetin, kaempferol, myricetin and chlorogenic acid – all of which contribute to their antioxidant capacity.5
- You will need to Freeze Some bananas overnight to get the “ice-cream” texture you desire!
- Put the bananas & blueberries into the blender and pulse for a bit so they break up!
- You may need to swirl them together a bit and mix and then Pulse again…
- Do not blend too much as it will become too soft!
- If you feel like it is too soft, you can put it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes! ( but not more because it will crystallize)
- Pour or scoop your Blueberry Banana icecream in a serving dish and ENJOY!
put a few Blueberries on top for crunchiness! its fun! 😀
thanks so much for reading hope you enjoy this awesome dairy-free & vegan fruity ice-cream 🙂
Please check out my other ice-creams as well.. and follow me for more healthy, fruity and vegan deliciousness 🙂
as always YOU’RE WELCOME