Happy Monday!! I’ve got a really yummy recipe for you today that could really be two recipes!! We made this on Saturday and if you follow me on Snapchat, then you saw the whole thing!! LOVED IT!
This is a delicious Pasta dish, but you can also just eat the sauce as Tomato basil soup!! I’ll explain after the recipe 🙂
You will need:
- 3-4 medium ripe Organic Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic (minced)
- 1 Cup Mushroom of your choice, cut into small pieces.
- 1 Cup Almond Milk ( or non dairy milk of your choice)
- 1 cup Fresh Basil.
- 1 TBS Tomato Paste.
- 1 TBS Nutritional yeast ( optional)
- Vegetable Broth or water as needed. ( I use 1.s cube of Edward and son’s low sodium veggie cube)
- Pasta of your choice!
- pour in a 1/4 cup of water to your cooking pan.
- cut the onion and mince the garlic and add it to the water until translucent and fragrant.
- season with pepper and add in the mushrooms, cook for 1 minute ( add in more water if water runs out to cook with)
- Blend the whole tomatoes in a Blender to create a tomato sauce. ( add in a 1/4 cup of water or veggie broth to blend easier)
- Add the watery tomato sauce and Almond milk to the pot and bring to a boil.
- add in the tomato paste and ( if you did not have broth) add in the veggie cube to the mix and stir well.
- Cut in just half a cup of fresh basil and stir in, lower heat and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- while this is cooking, you can cook your pasta according to the directions on your pasta package, I use rice based or gluten free Pasta and it only takes 5-6 minutes to cook. drain the pasta, splash with some cold water and set aside.
- take 1 – 2 cups of your soupy tomato base and pour in the blender, add in Nutritional yeast and blend until creamy!
- Add the mixture back into the cooking pot, pour in the rest of the basil, stir in and serve over pasta!!!
- YOU’RE DONE!! Enjoy!!!
If you want to enjoy this as a soup alone, Obviously you will not be making the pasta… and you will not need to thicken the mixture up by pouring it into a blender… but even if you do, it will just be a creamier tomato base 🙂
Hope you guys enjoyed this recipe and I’ll see you all on Wednesday for a very special and exciting review 😉
Love & Peace